The Bar Council of India (BCI) has announced that the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) 18 has been postponed again. The exam was originally scheduled to be held on December 3, 2023, but has now been rescheduled for December 10, 2023. The registration deadline has also been extended until November 16, 2023.
This is the fourth time that the AIBE 18 has been postponed. The first postponement was announced on October 4, 2023, when the exam was moved from November 26, 2023, to December 3, 2023. The second postponement was announced on October 26, 2023, when the exam was moved from December 3, 2023, to December 10, 2023.
The third postponement was announced on November 4, 2023, when the exam was moved from December 10, 2023, to December 17, 2023.
The BCI has not given a reason for the latest postponement, but it is likely due to logistical challenges related to holding the exam on the same day as the CLAT PG exam and the M.P State Judicial P.T.
- Original Schedule: November 26, 2023
- First Postponement: December 3, 2023
- Second Postponement: December 10, 2023
- Third Postponement: December 10, 2023
- Current Schedule: December 17, 2023
- Original Deadline: November 10, 2023
- Extended Deadline: November 16, 2023
- Candidates who have already registered for the AIBE 18 exam do not need to re-register.
- Candidates who have paid the registration fee but have not yet received their admit card will receive it on or before December 1, 2023.