The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has begun the registration process for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) January 2024. Interested candidates can apply online through the official website at ctet.nic.in. The last date to apply for the exam is November 23, 2023.
How to apply for CTET 2023 January 2024
To apply for CTET 2023 January 2024, candidates can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of CTET: ctet.nic.in
- Click on the “Apply Online” link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Fill up the online application form
- Upload the required documents
- Pay the application fee
- Submit the form
Documents required for CTET 2023 January 2024 registration
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of signature
- Scanned copy of educational certificates
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if applicable)
Application fee for CTET 2023 January 2024
The application fee for CTET 2023 January 2024 is as follows:
- General/EWS/OBC candidates: Rs. 1,000
- SC/ST/PwBD candidates: Rs. 500
CTET 2023 January 2024 exam date
The CTET 2023 January 2024 exam will be held on January 21, 2024.
CTET 2023 January 2024 eligibility criteria
To be eligible for CTET 2023 January 2024, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Educational qualification: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university, with at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates).
- Training qualification: Candidates must have completed a two-year teacher training course from a recognized institution.
CTET 2023 January 2024 exam pattern
The CTET 2023 January 2024 exam will be a computer-based test (CBT). The exam will consist of two papers:
- Paper 1: For primary school teachers (Classes I to V)
- Paper 2: For upper primary school teachers (Classes VI to VIII)
Each paper will be of three hours duration and will consist of 150 questions.
CTET 2023 January 2024 selection process
Candidates will be selected for the CTET 2023 January 2024 exam on the basis of their performance in the written test. The minimum qualifying marks for the CTET exam is 60%.
Benefits of clearing the CTET exam
Candidates who clear the CTET exam are eligible for appointment as teachers in central government schools and schools affiliated to the CBSE.