Google announced today that it is rolling out new AI features in its Shopping Graph Experiment (SGE) to help merchants boost product visibility and conversions. The new features include:
- New SGE subcategories: This will allow merchants to target their products more specifically to interested shoppers.
- Photo search shopping: This will allow shoppers to search for products using images.
- Expanded virtual try-on technology: This will allow shoppers to try on products virtually before they buy them.
The new features are designed to help merchants make their products more discoverable to shoppers and to improve the overall shopping experience. Google says that the new features are already having a positive impact on merchants who are using them.
“We’ve seen a significant increase in product visibility and conversions for merchants who are using the new AI features in SGE,” said a Google spokesperson. “We’re excited to see how these features continue to help merchants succeed on Google Shopping.”
The new features are being rolled out gradually to all SGE merchants. Merchants can learn more about the new features and how to use them by visiting the Google Shopping Merchant Center.
1. New SGE Subcategories:
The new SGE subcategories feature allows merchants to target their products more specifically to interested shoppers. This is done by allowing merchants to group their products into more specific categories. For example, a merchant selling clothing could create subcategories for different types of clothing, such as shirts, pants, dresses, and shoes. This would allow shoppers to more easily find the products they are looking for.
2. Photo Search Shopping:
The photo search shopping feature allows shoppers to search for products using images. This is done by allowing shoppers to take a picture of a product or upload an image of a product from their computer. Once the image is uploaded, Google will use its image recognition technology to identify the product and show the shopper the product page on Google Shopping.
3. Expanded Virtual Try-On Technology:
The expanded virtual try-on technology feature allows shoppers to try on products virtually before they buy them. This is done by using augmented reality (AR) technology to overlay a product onto a shopper’s body. This allows the shopper to see how the product would look on them before they buy it.
More About Google Shopping Graph Experiment
The Shopping Graph Experiment is a new feature from Google that allows merchants to experiment with new ways to display their products on Google Search. The experiment is currently in beta testing and is available to a limited number of merchants.
The goal of the experiment is to help merchants find new ways to reach shoppers and to improve the overall shopping experience. Google says that it is working with merchants to develop new features and that it is committed to making SGE a success.
What Merchants Are Saying About the New AI Features
Merchants who are using the new AI features in SGE are reporting positive results.
“The new SGE subcategories have helped us to target our products more specifically to interested shoppers,” said one merchant. “We’ve seen a significant increase in traffic to our product pages since we started using the new feature.”
“Photo search shopping has been a game-changer for us,” said another merchant. “Shoppers can now find our products using images, which has led to a significant increase in sales.”
“The expanded virtual try-on technology has given our shoppers a more realistic way to try on our products,” said a third merchant. “This has led to a decrease in returns and an increase in customer satisfaction.”
Overall, the new AI features in SGE are being well-received by merchants. Google is committed to making SGE a success and is continuing to develop new features to help merchants reach more shoppers and improve the overall shopping experience.
Benefits of the New AI Features
The new AI features in SGE offer a number of benefits to merchants, including:
- Increased product visibility: The new features help merchants to make their products more discoverable to shoppers. This can lead to an increase in traffic to their product pages and an increase in sales.
- Improved shopping experience: The new features make it easier for shoppers to find the products they are looking for and to try on products before they buy them. This can lead to a more positive shopping experience and an increase in customer satisfaction.
- Reduced returns: The virtual try-on technology can help to reduce returns by allowing shoppers to see how products would look on them before they buy them. This can save merchants money on shipping and returns.
Overall, the new AI features in SGE are a valuable tool for merchants who want to boost product visibility and conversions. These features are still in development, but they are already having a positive impact on merchants who are using them.