In 2005,Google acquired Urchin Analytics ,which is later, the classic version of Google Analytics.
In 2013,it became Universal Analytics (UA).In 2020 Google added web plus app in UA.
GA4 is a new and powerful tool.It is the future of analytics.
What is the Difference between GA4 and UA?
The major difference between GA4 and UA are as follows:
- The Data Collection Model in GA4 is based on Events whereas in UA it is based on pageviews,hits,events hits and so on.
- Data is flow in the form of stream in GA4 .
Benefits of GA4
In Universal Analytics, we have bucket’s like “audience”, “acquisition”, “behaviour” and so on.
Whereas in GA4 ,we have user’s buckets like “acquisition”, “engagement”, “monetisation” and so on.These buckets are more user centric compared to UA.
In GA4, you are provided with separate audience report where you can define user definitions such as mobile users and so on.
In GA4 there is enhanced measurement options are there like pageviews ,scrolls, video engagement and so on.
How to install GA4 through GTM ?
First of all you have to setup a GTM account.The instructions are as follows:
- Search for GTM on Google.Make a GTM account by clicking on Create account
- Now fill all the fields as directed .In Add a New Account section,fill details like account name like xyz,select country and etc
- Proceed as instructed.Now GTM terms of service appears,check the boxes and save.
- Now GTM Code appears ,paste the code as per instructions and press OK
- Now in Tag manager,submit,publish and continue.That’s all. GTM setup done
Now it’s time to configure GA4
- Search for Google Analytics on Google.Make a Google Analytics account by clicking start measuring
- Now fill all the fields as directed .In Add a New Account section,fill details like account name like xyz and etc
- Proceed as instructed.Now GA terms of service agreement appears,check the boxes and save.
- Now web stream details appears,here is measurement ID etc copy it.
- In GTM ,Tag section,do tag configuration,trigger and submit and publish.That’all.GA setup is done.