The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) has announced that the registration window for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2024 will close on November 3, 2023. Interested candidates are advised to complete the registration process at the earliest to avoid any last-minute hassles.
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2024
To be eligible for CLAT 2024, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- They must have passed Class 12 or its equivalent examination from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates).
- They must be at least 17 years of age as on December 31, 2024 (no upper age limit).
How to Apply for CLAT 2024
To apply for CLAT 2024, candidates need to visit the official website of the CLAT Consortium at consortiumofnlus.ac.in and register themselves. Once registered, candidates need to fill in the application form and upload the required documents.
Documents Required for CLAT 2024 Registration
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheets
- Passport size photograph
- Signature scan
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
CLAT 2024 Exam Pattern
CLAT 2024 will be an offline exam conducted on December 3, 2024. The exam will be of 2 hours duration and will have 150 multiple choice questions. The questions will be based on the following topics:
- English Language Comprehension
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Legal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Techniques
CLAT 2024 Important Dates
- Online registration begins: July 1, 2023
- Online registration ends: November 3, 2023
- Admit card download: November 23, 2023
- CLAT 2024 exam date: December 3, 2023
- Result declaration: December 16, 2023
Interested candidates are advised to complete the CLAT 2024 registration process at the earliest to avoid any last-minute hassles. They should also carefully check the eligibility criteria and exam pattern before applying for the exam.