The Indian Air Force (IAF) has released the notification for the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 2024. The exam will be conducted to fill a total of 317 vacancies for Flying, Ground Duty (Technical), and Ground Duty (Non-Technical) branches. Eligible candidates must be between 20 and 24 years old for Flying Branch and between 17 and 25 years old for Ground Duty branches. They must also have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The selection process will consist of a Computer-Based Test (CBT), a Physical Fitness Test (PFT), and an interview. The application process is online only and the exam fee is INR 250.
- Age: Candidates must be between 20 and 24 years old as on 01 January 2024 i.e., born between 02 January 2001 to 01 January 2005 for Flying Branch and 17 to 25 years old as on 01 January 2024 i.e., born between 02 January 2000 to 01 January 2007 for Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-Technical) branches.
- Education: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university for Flying Branch and Ground Duty (Technical) branches. For Ground Duty (Non-Technical) branches, candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification from a recognized Institute.
- Candidates must meet the physical standards as prescribed in the notification.
The selection process for AFCAT 2024 will consist of the following stages:
- Computer-Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
The application process for AFCAT 2024 is online only. Candidates can apply online through the official website of IAF from December 01, 2023 to December 30, 2023.
- Online Registration Opens: December 01, 2023
- Online Registration Closes: December 30, 2023
- CBT: February 19 to 24, 2024
Other Important Details
- The exam fee for AFCAT 2024 is INR 250 for all categories.
- Candidates can select their preferred exam center during the online application process.
- Candidates are advised to read the notification carefully before applying.
Indian Air Force Air Headquarters New Delhi – 110006 Phone: 011-23010221 Fax: 011-23013061 Website: https://afcat.cdac.in/
How to apply for AFCAT 2024:
Here are the steps on how to apply for AFCAT 2024:
- Visit the official website of IAF:https://www.99entranceexam.in/jobs/afcat-2024/
- Click on the “AFCAT 2024” link.
- Click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Create a new account or sign in to your existing account.
- Fill in the required details, including your personal information, educational background, and contact information.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Make the payment of the exam fee (INR 250).
- Submit the application form.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.