Google is finally rolling out a new feature that allows YouTube Music users to manually add podcasts via RSS feeds.
This feature was announced in October 2023, and it’s been eagerly awaited by many users who want to be able to listen to their favorite podcasts on the YouTube Music app.
To add a podcast via RSS, simply go to the Library tab and tap the Podcasts filter. Then, tap the Add podcast button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
In the Add podcast sheet, you can either browse for podcasts or add a podcast by RSS feed. To add a podcast by RSS feed, simply paste the RSS feed URL into the Add podcast by RSS feed field.
Once you’ve added a podcast by RSS feed, it will appear in your podcast library. You can then play it, subscribe to it, and download episodes for offline listening.
What does this mean for Google Podcasts?
Google Podcasts is set to shut down in 2024. The company has said that it will be migrating all of its podcast content to YouTube Music.
With the addition of RSS support, YouTube Music is now a viable alternative to Google Podcasts. Users can now manually add any podcast they want to listen to, and they can also access all of their existing Google Podcasts subscriptions.
How to find the RSS feed URL for a podcast
To find the RSS feed URL for a podcast, simply go to the podcast’s website or search for it in Google. Once you’ve found the podcast’s website, look for a link that says RSS or Subscribe. The RSS feed URL will usually be a link that ends with .xml.
What are the benefits of adding podcasts via RSS?
There are a few benefits to adding podcasts via RSS.
- It allows you to listen to podcasts that are not available on YouTube Music.
- It allows you to control your podcast subscription.
- It allows you to download episodes for offline listening.
Overall, the addition of RSS support to YouTube Music is a welcome change. It gives users more control over their podcast listening experience, and it makes the app a more versatile podcast player.
- The RSS feed URL must be valid and accessible.
- The podcast must be available in MP3 format.
- The podcast episodes must be less than 10GB in size.
- You can listen to podcasts in your preferred language, even if they are not available in YouTube Music’s official podcast directory.
- You can keep up with new episodes of podcasts that are not regularly updated in YouTube Music’s directory.
- You can support independent podcasters who may not be able to afford to distribute their podcasts through YouTube Music’s official channels.
Overall, the addition of RSS support to YouTube Music is a significant improvement to the app. It gives users more flexibility and control over their podcast listening experience.